8.2.12

Rose Heart Cake




My second recipe for Valentine’s Day was inspired by February 2012 cover of Martha Stewart Living magazine. There was a beautiful pink flower arrangement in a heart shape on the picture. So I decided to make a heart shaped cake decorated with a lot of sugar pink roses. More and more I love making these sugar flowers. It's like a therapy for me.

I prepared an almond chocolate sponge cake from this book. Because I love almonds, I loved this cake. It is so reach, so good. Once again, I couldn’t not resist in using brigadeiro. This time I made a raspberry white chocolate brigadeiro filling. To balance the sweetness of the brigadeiro I opted to make a mascarpone frosting. 

I have to confess that this cake was one of my favorites. The combination of flavors is magnificent. Besides I liked very much the different shades of pink that I used on the sugar roses.








Almond Chocolate Sponge Cake
(from the book Professional Baking)

4.33 oz /130 g Marzipan
2.67 oz /80 g (4 yolks) Egg yolks
4 oz /120 g (4 whites) Egg whites
1.67 oz (4 tbsp)/ 50 g Sugar
1.33 oz /40 g Cake flour
1.33 oz/ 40g  Cocoa powder  
1.33 oz /40 g Butter, melted


1. Beat the marzipan and egg yolks
together until smooth and light.
2. Whip the egg whites and sugar to a
stiff meringue.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa together. Fold
the meringue and dry ingredients
alternately into the egg yolk mixture,
starting and ending with the meringue.
4. Fold in the butter.
Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10–12 minutes.


Raspberry white chocolate brigadeiro

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
100g white chocolate (I used Callebaut Belgian Chocolate)  
6oz/170g raspberries
1 teaspoon rose water

Pour the condensed milk into a medium saucepan and place over low heat.
Add the chocolate, butter, raspberries and rose water. Stir the mixture until it starts to show the bottom of the pan while you scrape it with a spoon. The mixture should be thick enough to show the bottom of the pan for a few seconds before the mixture back again. 




Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting

1 cup (8oz) mascarpone at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
4 cups powdered sugar (1 lbs)

1. Beat the mascarpone cheese, vanilla and butter in a large bowl of electric mixer

2. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.






Tip Junkie handmade projects

23 comments:

  1. You are one seriously talented lady. Love the cake, love the exquisite flowers, love watching you get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parabéns pelo post!!! As fotos ficaram maravilhosas! O bolo deve ser ótimo também, né?! As flores estão tão lindas que dá até uma dozinha de cortar o bolo! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally should have known you before my wedding. Your detail work is so impressive I lost my word when I saw your pictures. You gotta do something with your skills, Luciana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luciana, I am so glad you left me a comment so I could visit here. This cake has left me in awe – absolutely exquisite! And your blog is gorgeous. I hate to say that I am on an intense diet/training program right now to get in shape for all the travel we have this year or else I would have you make me one and ship it out right away! I will show my trainer this photo so he can see how I have resisted the ultimate temptation! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! i can't take my eyes off these roses. they look so real. so well made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unbelievably gorgeous and impressive!! Thanks for linking up to my v-day blog hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I stumbled upon your blog from another and am beyond happy that I did :) Your sugar roses are absolutely gorgeous! They look so real. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!!! You are so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! I love all of the shades of pink. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS!!!! The flowers are so beautiful, absolutely amazing! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my WOW!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! This is the most beautiful cake EVER!!!!!

    I sure HOPE you'll share this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream to Reality!
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/04/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunningly beautiful! And it looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog from a repinning of one of your pictures. These are beautiful roses and gorgeous looking cake. You give your recipe for your cakem what recipe do you use for the sugar roses? Where did you find such cute cake stands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!Thank you for the comment! I make the roses with Satin Ice Gum paste. I bought my cake stands at Sur La Table, T.J.Maxx and vintage shops.
      Lulu, xo

      Delete
  14. Oh my ganache! Your things are all so beautiful! What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ola Luciana. Voce esta em Los Angeles? Eu gostaria de saber como entrar em contato para encomendas. Obrigada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Silvia! Eu moro em Cleveland, Ohio. Obrigada, seria um prazer receber sua encomenda!beijinhos

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...