29.3.12

Sequin and Glittered Eggs


Hi Dear readers. Today I have something different to share with you. It is not a recipe but an inspiration for Easter. I’m amazed at the beauty of this season and I can’t stop thinking about flowers and decorated eggs. I already published some dyed eggs and chocolates eggs posts. Now I showed you some ideas for sequin and glittered eggs inspired by the beautiful work of Torie Jayne.



I saw for the first time sequin eggs on the Torie Jayne’s Pinterest board. Her creations are amazing and I loved this idea. This is such a fun way to decorate eggs. You can use your imagination to use different colors and shapes of sequins to make several patterns. They are a good option to create fancy baskets for dessert tables or embellish an Easter tree.



You can use Styrofoam or polystyrene eggs. I used the Styrofoam eggs. You will need sequin pins, also known as hemming or basting pins, to pin sequins along on egg surface. 


I also made some glittered eggs using Styroglue and glitter. Start painting the egg surface with glue and then sprinkle glitter on them. I'm pretty sure you will have a great time making these lovely eggs.





Hope you have a wonderful weekend!



Tip Junkie handmade projects

16 comments:

  1. So so pretty! I have some vintage glitter/sequin eggs, and these would mix in perfectly! :)

    Happy Spring!!
    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, thanks so much for the comment!
    Happy spring to you too!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and so cute!
    And those photo's are stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this time of season and these are beautiful inspiring ideas. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! I would definitely love to try this if i had the materials!

    ♥ http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally speechless Luciana! Your home must be filled with pretty things (and delicious desserts....). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so beautiful! definitely will be creating these =]

    Jordan xx
    Boho Vanity Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you've done it again, Luciana! Gorgeous post – refreshing and filled with beautiful spring light. What a fun project, too.!xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you shoot your photos. So bright and clean, definitely motivating for me to brush up on my skills...or get some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sequin eggs look beautiful, thank you for the link.
    Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Those eggs are incredible. And the photos are gorgeous! beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these eggs are so pretty...I love all the pictures!
    Thanks for this nice post and hope you are having a great week Lulu :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so amazing! These eggs are beautiful, love the colors. I imagine your house must be filled with amazing colors here and there and EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love these eggs - so beautiful! I think it's a perfect project for kids - easy and fun. I'd like to include them (with your permission) in my Easter ebook and a blog post series on GreenReset.com (it'll just be one or two photos plus a link to your site). Regards, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna, thank you so much! I'm glad you like them! It will be a pleasure for me to have my Easter eggs on your blog and ebook!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...