16.2.11

Red Velvet Cupcakes With Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting


I've always been impressed with the variety of cupcakes in US. There are so many flavors, colors, decorations and passion to these lovely treats that I was excited to prepare them. There’s one in special that got my attention: the Red Velvet. Their beautiful and unique color fascinated me!

But I have to confess something… I’ve never eaten a Red Velvet before, so I decided to choose a recipe from someone that already made a lot of stunning cupcakes. I’m talking about my dear friend Carol from The Sweet Fairy Cake. The cake was very moist and the frosting was delicious. I even bought a new pastry bag and tips to decorate them. I was so happy with the result!












Red Velvet Cupcakes With Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting
(adapted from here)
Yields: 12 cupcakes


1/2 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar 
1/4 cup cocoa powder sifted
2 tablespoon red food coloring
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cup cake flour sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla paste

 Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
 Mix the vinegar and baking soda and set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until the cream is light and fluffy, that's about 5 minutes.
Add egg and beat until well incorporated.
Make a paste with cocoa powder and food coloring and add to cream butter and sugar.
Add the flour and buttermilk to cream butter and sugar in 3 additions always start and finish with the solid. Add salt.
 Add the vinegar mixture and the vanilla.
 Fill cupcake tins until 2/3 of its capacity.
 Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool to be able to unmold and cool completely wait to decorate.


Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting
Yields: 3 cups

1 cup (8oz) mascarpone at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
4 cups powdered sugar (1 lbs)

1. Beat the mascarpone cheese, vanilla and butter in a large bowl of electric mixer
2. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Decorate your cupcakes!

20 comments:

  1. WOWWWW!!! Lu, muito obrigada amiga pelo carinho! E esses cups ficaram o máximo, hein?! Que delícia!!! Mais uma vez vc arrasou!
    Beijão!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cupcakes! I love the recipe for the frosting, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are beautiful cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you've never had red velvet cupcakes and yet you managed to make the most beautiful ones I've ever seen! Gorgeous! And the vanilla mascarpone sounds simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are beautiful. If they were comestible, I would have bitten them right now.

    You can see how moist the cupcakes are. And the red color makes them more appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red velvet has been a favorite of mine for some time now. These cupcakes look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are perfection! Love your presentation and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esses cupcakes me deram água na boca! Devem ter ficado uma delícia! Amei as fotos, principalmente a combinação da cor dos bolinhos com a flor. Lindo! Bjo Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your frosting technique is impeccable! Just gorgeous photos (and of course, delicious cupcakes!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound wonderful and the pictures are beautiful! And I love the little specks in your frosting :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look super amazing! The cake is such a beautiful red colour, and marscapone frosting?! Oh man!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious cupcakes lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these turned out so beautiful. Red velvet is always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! Red velvet is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are amazing and that mascarpone frosting sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are stunning. I can't believe you had never eaten red velvet cupcakes before. They are one of my absolute favorites. I will have to try this recipe, because they look so moist and soft. I have never had mascarpone frosting, but I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look sooo yummy!
    I smiled when I read the recipe, I use vanilla bean paste too!
    Jess : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am new to your blog and really starting to love it. your photos are truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. tried the frosting on vanilla cupcakes...simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...