1.11.12

White Chocolate Cupcakes with Rose Buttercream




Hi dear friends!

As I promised on Sunday, here is the recipe of the white chocolate cupcakes with rose buttercream that I created to commemorate the Lulu’s Sweet Secrets anniversary.

It took me some attempts to figure out how to make a light and fluffy white chocolate cupcake. But now I’m proud and glad to say that I made a wonderful treat to your afternoon tea or party dessert table!

The best way I found was to first melt the white chocolate in boiling milk. Then I whisked eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale yellow in color, and added the hot white chocolate mixture. Finally, after the flour addition, I incorporated melted butter.  The rose buttercream on top is the same recipe I used to filling the rose and pistachio cake

I hope you love it as much as I did!





White Chocolate Cupcakes with Rose Buttercream

White Chocolate Cupcakes
(From Lulu's Sweet Secrets)
Makes 10

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 whole large eggs, room temperature
¼ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
160g/ 5.64 ounces white chocolate

Line 10 cupcake cups with papers lines. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the eggs and sugar in a stand mixer bowl and beat with the paddle attachment until fluffy and pale yellow in color. Meanwhile, heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil and then add the white chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Place the white chocolate and milk mixture over the eggs and sugar and beat for a minute. Add the vanilla and mix until combine. Fold in the flour and baking powder with a rubber spoon until just incorporated (don't overmix). Fold in the melted butter.
Fill each cupcake line two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Rose Water Buttercream 
(from Jamie Magazine Issue 29)

Cream 80g softened butter and 115g sifted icing sugar with an electric mixer or spatula until you have a smooth, creamy buttercream. Add a splash of rose water and beat for a further minute. Taste and add more if needed.



Tomorrow I will share the rose and pink peppercorn brigadeiros recipe.






21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try the white chocolate cupcakes. I think adding the white chocolate to the cupcake batter is a great idea! And your roses, you are an truly an artist! I love your posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen, thank you so much for the comment! I'm so glad you like my posts!xo

      Delete
  2. Hey Luciana! I came here to pin so others can learn from you. I think it will take me lifetime to give me courage to make this. Haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love these, Luciana! Exquisitely done – they make me happy just looking at them. I can only imagine how happy I'd be eating them! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divine! I don't think I would ever eat them

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice pictures! so beautiful!!

    http://sugar-steps.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes are incredible! Thank you so much for such a wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made these cupcakes and they turned out beautifully! Thank you so much for a terrific recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Nidhi! I'm so glad you like the cupcake! Thank you so much for the comments, they just made my day! xoxo

      Delete
  8. olha que coisa mais linda, mais cheia de graça...

    maravilhosos!

    beijos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just baked these and it turned out great! Although I used strawberry extract instead of rose water (i cant find any) it still tasted great! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Luciana, I wanted to ask with what you make the roses and how you stick the petals to eachother?
    The things you make are truely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for the comment! I make the roses with Satin Ice Gum paste and I stick the petals with edible glue.
      Lulu, xo

      Delete
  11. These look delicious and so pretty! I was wondering if you could make the cupcake without the white chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, thank you so much for the comment! I'm sorry, but I have never tried without white chocolate.

      Delete
  12. I've been looking for new cupcake flavours and now just saw these. Delicious and lovely recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Luciana,
    Have made these as cupcakes but want to use this recipe to make a three tiered wedding cake 12in,9in, & 6in can I just triple & double the recipe to fit the tin sizes? I know this is not possible with some recipes and you need to make them one by one so I would be interested in your feedback.
    Thanks Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Luciana,
    I have made these cupcakes and would like to use the recipe to make a three tiered wedding cake sizes 12in 9in & 6in and was wondering if it is possible to double or triple the recipe to fit the tin sizes. I know some recipes don't work out by simply doubling them so I was wondering what your thoughts were. I would be grateful for your feedback. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline! You can use this recipe to make cakes too, It works very well. I already made a 9in cakes and came out perfectly. xoxo

      Delete
  15. Made these today they were soooo delish thanks for the perfect recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Luciana~

    I really liked the idea of melted chocolate in the batter, this cupcake is so light and fluffy! I thought that maybe the chocolate would make it really dense and I was so surprised when it didn't! Definitely making these again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...