14.5.11

Mini Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts filled with Homemade Dulce de Leche - Bolinho de Chuva Recheado com Doce de Leite



Hi dear readers! I’m sorry for being absent. I wish I could post more recipes, but I’ve been busy writing my PhD thesis. But I love so much sharing my experiences with you that I couldn’t wait any more. Today is about Bolinhos de chuva, which  are the Brazilian version of doughnuts. They are little balls coated with cinnamon and sugar.

When I think in these mini doughnuts my childhood memories came back. My mother used to make them for me and my sister in one of those rainy, lazy days. Oh, it was so good! The sweet smell when they were frying and the aroma of cinnamon as the touch final made me eat dozens of Bolinhos de chuva. And better than this is that I didn’t have any concerning about the calories. Good times!

I have never made doughnuts before, but I saw an interesting recipe on TV of mini doughnuts filled with dulce de leche. Definitely this recipe has to be the first one to try! To get a good result and a nice shape, it’s very necessary a firm dulce de leche balls before covered it with the dough. The dulce the leche should stay in the freezer for at least one night, otherwise the dulce de leche will mix with the dough (which is not a bad idea). These mini doughnuts are the best I’ve ever eaten. Even my mother agrees with me.  They are so soft and so sweet. Simple irresistible.







Mini Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts filled with Homemade Dulce de Leche


2 cups  dulce de leche
3 1/2 cups  all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
tablespoon butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
350 ml milk


2 cups sugar
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon



Canola oil, for frying
Homemade Dulce de leche from here


Place the dulce de leche in a plate and bring to a refrigerator overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator and make small balls and set aside in the freezer for 20 minutes just to firmApart sift flour with baking powder and salt. ReserveIn a bowl place butter, sugar and eggs and beat with a whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the dry mixture of alternating with milk and mix well until dough is smooth. ReserveDip each ball of dulce de leche in the dough with the help of two tablespoonsTo fry the doughnuts, fill a pan up to 2" of canola oil. Heat the oil until it reaches 375F. Do not over-crowd the pan with doughnuts. Fry about 5 at a time (depending on the size of the pan). They will sink to the bottom but then float to the top. Turn them over and let them cook for an additional 2 minutes or so.Drain them on paper towels and while hot, coat them with the cinnamon sugar.



This recipe was featured on Foodbuzz Top 9: May 16, 2011



17 comments:

  1. Excelente idéia, Lu! Vou tentar também.
    Pena que não estou ai =(
    beijos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luuuuuuu, faça sim! É bom demais!
    beijinhos irbãzinha querida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This is the jackpot recipe for me :) My husband is crazy about doughnuts and crazy about dulce de leche. I'll surprise him with this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I was recently looking at some pictures and blog posts for Dulce de Leche, that paired with these donuts is going to give me three very happy kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and the doughnuts look lovely....so tender and light. The filling just elevates them to complete decadence. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Foodbuzz top 9! Your doughnuts not only look scrumptious but just gorgeous. Great recipe and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Luciana, I'm finally here. First of all, congrats on Top 9. I knew it would make it and I was happy to actually seeing it on the foodbuzz. When I saw your post on facebook, I couldn't wait to come here to take a look at more pictures. :-) The doughnuts look fabulous and my kids will definitely go crazy (not to mention I would too). Lovely post Luciana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous post. This is my first visit to your site, but it will not be my last. You've created a beautiful spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoy the time I spent here. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...decadence on a plate! To take something so yummy and then make it even yummier with dulce de leche? Genius!

    What beautiful presentation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love doce de leite! These bolinhos look fantastic! GOOD LUCK with your thesis!!! (I have a PhD in psychology, so I know how grueling the process is!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look absolutely delectable! Gorgeous photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really good. Brava! Good luck with your thesis .. I'm sure that all your hard work will be worthwhile in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful photos! And these look so delicious!! I love the dulce de leche sauce on the side! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oi Luciana! AMEI essa receita!!! Vou cobrar da Luana que ela faça para a gente experimentar com um cafezinho! Beijos Luisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...