19.12.11

Gingerbread House




The gingerbread (Lebkuchen in German) was created by medieval monks in the 13th century. But the tradition of baking gingerbread house (Lebkuchenhaus) started only in the 19th century. In this time, the Brothers Grimm published a collection of fairy tale, including “Hansel and Gretel”.

Do you remember this part of the story?

“In the middle of the clearing was a little house made entirely of gingerbread! The roof was tarred with icing, the window frames were licorice, and the trees and bushes in the yard were made of gumdrops and lollipops! Hansel and Gretel were so hungry they ran to the house and began to lick and nibble it!

I think many children wish to find a house like that and eat it all without guilt. At least, that’s how I felt every time my beloved grandma told me this story. By the way, this was my first gingerbread house and I had such a great time making it. I took the recipe from Martha Stewart’s website. I loved! You can find everything there, as the gingerbread and royal icing recipes, templates and how to assemble the house.









11 comments:

  1. This is a cute little dream house! So adorable. It fits perfect for the season of Christmas. I absolutely loved the candy trees. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously my favourite so far in Movita's challenge. I love all the details you put in :) (Only noticed the hearts on the candy canes now that I seen a closer look). Congrats on your first epic attempt at a Gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUE LINDOOOOOO!!!! Deu vontade de fazer uma também! Mais uma vez um super parabéns! Vc é uma artista! Beijos, Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    Wonderful... Last year we prepared three gingerbread houses :-) (for friends)
    Now my husband use royal icing to make house and christmas tree decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how your theme is not as colourful as usual... it's elegant and cute at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW!!!! This s absolutely gorgeous! I mean picture perfect. Stunning photos too, you've really captured it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gingerbread house is simply gorgeous and way too pretty to eat too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shingles-design no the roof and the hert shaped door...Gorgeous indeed! THis will make a memorable bonding activity for my little girl nd me. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous ! Well made and delicate . And the fairly tale that you describe made more enchanted ! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beautiful gingerbread house has been featured on BEST OF THE WEB GINGERBREAD HOUSES go to the bottom of the post to get your badge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...