25.5.13

Teacup Cake and Sugar Roses



I love the combination between teacups and flowers. They are such a pretty and charming pair. When I ventured to make my first sugar rose I used a teacup to photograph it. At that time I received a comment suggesting that I should try to make a teacup cake too. I loved the idea but that would be a big challenge for me. I didn’t have the knowledge and practice to conquer that.





Almost 2 years late I decide to give it a try. I was inspired by the polka blue floral design from Royal Albert Fine China. I have a passion for all the patterns, but those lovely blue teacup with white polka dots and English country roses are my favorite.

Actually, I think my main motivation was the opportunity to paint the floral theme on the teacup cake. It has been a while that I want to publish some of my paintings, and I couldn’t think a better opportunity than this one. First I covered the cake with buttercream and fondant and molded into the teacup shape. Then I used gel food-coloring diluted with water for painting the rose. 





I also used some sugar roses and mini cakes for decoration. As I was so excited with my painting, I decided to cover mini cakes with fondant and paint them too. For making the teacup cake and mini cakes I used my delicious recipe of white chocolate cake






























15 comments:

  1. You just completely blow me away every time! This is incredible!!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ola Lulu! Lindas flores e aquela "xicara" deve ser deliciosa! Hehehe! Vc è uma artista! Beijos, Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say but that it´s simply beautiful!!!!!!

    Un beso
    Johlene
    Flavours&Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! It is late spring here and your magnificent Teacup Cakes and Sugar Roses are a mirror of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! What gorgeousness! Would almost be too pretty to eat. ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely incredible! You truly do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just amazing! I couldn't belive it was even cake until I saw it cut! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lulu, your work is almost unbelievable!
    your work is so beautiful and i love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so creative lulu, it's really an amazing design. Great idea. I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very, very beautiful everything is- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just amazing, it looks so real!!
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are truly talented and I honestly don't know anyone who makes more beautiful things than you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful painting, the teacup is completely gorgeous - I also love that Royal Albert range and each time it goes on sale I almost buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible!!! Lovely! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is mind-blowing. I've never seen such a gorgeous cupcake in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...