8.5.12

Yellow Cupcakes with Brigadeiro Frosting




Last weekend a friend of mine ask me to prepare some cupcakes for her daughter's birthday. The theme was karaoke so I decided to decorate them with some little microphones, stars and music notes, all made with Satin Icing fondant. I painted the music notes using gel food coloring and I sprinkled some edible black glitter for finishing. To make the microphones I used food decorating pens, and edible glue and glitter for the stars.





For many occasions I have used brigadeiro as filling and also for covering cakes. But this was my first time that I have used it as frosting.  I liked very much the final result. I got a beautiful swirl using the Ateco tip 847. The cupcake recipe is the "Yellow Cupcake" from the book Miette. I slightly adapted the recipe by adding one vanilla bean and using cake flour instead all-purpose flour. These light and fluffy cupcakes were a perfect pair for the brigadeiro frosting.




Yellow Cupcakes with Brigadeiro Frosting

Vanilla Cupcakes

The recipe is available on this link, page 75.
Notes: I used cake flour and also add one vanilla bean to the step 4.

Brigadeiro Frosting

2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
200g chocolate (I used Callebaut Belgian Chocolate, 54.5% Cocoa)
120ml heavy cream
1 tablespoon honey 

Place all the ingredients into a medium saucepan. Over low heat, stir the mixture until it starts to show the bottom of the pan while you scrape it with a spoon. The mixture should be thick enough to show the bottom of the pan for a few seconds before the mixture back again. Transfer to a greased bowl. Decorate the cupcakes when the brigadeiro mixture is at room temperature.

9 comments:

  1. OMG! They look delicious :)
    And the decoration is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly (1) beautiful, (2) creative, and (3) delicious sounding! I love yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I love brigadeiro, so this is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes looks simple and yet so gorgeous!! The frosting must be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I look forward to your posts! These cupcakes are so lovely - I bet your friend's daughter absolutely loved them! Elegant, yet filled with birthday fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So detailed work... you always impress me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brigadeiros, it's been too long since I made them! The music note cakes look really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que lindos!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beijos, Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cupcakes! I'm a new follower and it would be great if you could follow back. Thanks!

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...