26.6.13

Mini Raspberry Trifle





Two weeks ago, I invited my dear friends Dora and Simone to have lunch at my home. We had a wonderful time, but this occasion would be incomplete without a delicious dessert, especially for so lovely friends. So I decided to prepare something that I've never tried before: mini raspberry trifles.

Trifle basically consists of layers of spongecake, fruit, custard and whipped cream. I used the same spongecake recipe from the last post. For the custard I used condensed milk, egg yolks and mascarpone. I also used raspberries and Chantilly cream.






You may have noticed that I love teacups. I even already made one cake into a shape of teacup. But this time I use them to serve my trifles. I think it is a quite charming idea for serving desserts. And my friends loved. 

Dora e Simore, this post is for you!





Mini Raspberry Trifle

by Lulu's Sweet Secrets (makes about 8 teacups)


Sponge cake
(makes three 6-inch round cake pans)

5 whole large eggs, room temperature
 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted


 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the eggs and sugar in a stand mixer bowl and beat with the paddle attachment until fluffy and pale yellow in color, about 10 minutes. Fold in the flour with a rubber spoon until just incorporated (don't overmix). Divide the batter between the 3 cake pans. 
 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Mascarpone Custard

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 egg yolks
12 oz mascarpone cream

Place condensed milk, butter ang egg yolks in a saucepan. Stir to combine. Over medium heat cook, stirring, until thickenedSet aside to cool.
In a bowl, beat the mascarpone by hand with a whisk until smooth, and then incorporate the custard. Stir to combine. 

Chantilly Cream

2 cup heavy cream, cold
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Chill a mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes before beginning. Beat heavy cream in the chilled bowl until it begins to foam and thicken up. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until the cream barely mounds. Do not overwhip. 

Assembly: Divide each cake in two layers. Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of cake from each layer. I used a cutter with similar diameter with the teacup. Add 2 tablespoons of custard on the bottom of the teacup. Add raspberries and Chantilly cream. Place one cake circle. Repeat layers with custard, raspberries, cream and cake. Top with cream. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.




6 comments:

  1. These are so pretty!! I love them :-) Do you have a tutorial for the cute little flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post. It looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness- That looks too beautiful to touch! Gorgeous photos- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this idea!! The stands and cups are beautiful!!

    Greetings
    Johlene
    http://flavoursandfrosting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!
    I have two trifle bowls and when I'm having a large tea party it is wonderful, but on a regular basis who can eat that much trifle?
    I will have to try this.
    I love desserts in teacups myself. I did chocolate mousse in little demitasse teacups and the little cups from my chocolate set for a party last year. They were a hit!
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, you continue to impress. What talent you have! I suspect it's the time and love you put into the things you create - with a huge pinch of heart and soul. I adore the sugar blossoms... ADORE THEM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...