24.8.11

Chicken and Bell Peppers Weave


Bell peppers are one of those ingredients that always bring flavor and color to a dish. They are beautiful, juicy and mouth watering. That's why I love them!

When I was in Brazil, I saw a very interesting chicken recipe on TV that I want to share with you. Chicken and bell peppers weave. This is a fun and healthy way to eat breast chicken. The red, yellow and green bell peppers give a vibrant look for this dish.




Maybe it seems a complicated recipe, but it's very easy to prepare. Here are three tips to help you. First, put the bell peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. This will help you to weave them between the chicken. Second, do not put a pepper close to the end of the chicken stripes. The length of the strips will reduce and the pepper may drop off. Third, making the braid on a parchment paper will help you to turn it on the pan. If you want, you can also replace the chicken for pork tenderloin or beef.






Chicken and Bell Peppers Weave
(from here)

parchment paper

1 red bell pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
1 yellow pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
1 green pepper cut into strips 0.2 in wide, pre-cooked
1.5 kg chicken breasts cut into strips 0.2 in wide
A drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste



 Put on a piece of parchment paper and vertically, two strips of each pepper, one beside the other. Try putting the colors in the same order (red, yellow, green and new red, yellow, green, or other order of colors you prefer).

 Take a chicken strip and place horizontally as follow:

beneath the red pepper strip
over the yellow pepper strip
beneath the green pepper strip
over the red pepper strip
beneath the strip of yellow pepper
over the strip of green pepper. Take another strip of chicken and fit horizontally on the side of the first strip of chicken, like this:
over the strip of red pepper
beneath the strip of yellow pepper
over the strip of green pepper
beneath the red pepper strip
over the yellow pepper strip
beneath the green pepper strip 

Do this two more times, alternating the chicken strip with peppers strips. Let the strips close together to be more firm and nice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 


 In a pan place a little olive oil and with the help of parchment paper turn the chicken peppers weave on the pan. Hold the weave with a spatula until you feel that the strips are firm. Grill over medium heat for +/- 3 minutes or until golden. Turn with a spatula and allow for +/- 1 minute to finish cooking the chicken.

14 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful plaited and the color combination is so tempting on the plate! What a creative way to put on a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I love this. Definitely worthy of serving to guests :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Glad I stambled on your blog. Definately making it for my boyfriend this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you blitherypoop. When I was writing I had doubts which one is correct. Thanks again!

    Thanks Katherine! I'm glad you like it!

    Hi Efthimia! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the presentation of this :) I'd have never thought to do anything like this. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible presentation...I love how you made it into a weave..just beautiful and tasty of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!!!! I've never seen anything like this. Really artistic food styling and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, how did you think to make dinner so pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how beautiful!!!! What a great idea...and I'm a huge fan of peppers. Really an impressive presentation. I'm stumbling this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this is GREAT! What a beautiful dish and awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to make these colorful pepper/chicken weaves. If I'm going to take the time to cook I might as well make it look nice!Thanks for sharing.
    Kathie in cold Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...