25.8.11

Luisa's Cookie

Today’s post is about a special cookie recipe send me by my special friend Luisa. She works with my sister in Brazil and, although I’ve never met her personally, I know that we have a lot of things in common. She is always stopping by to write comments with kind words, as my other dear readers. This is the best part of having a blog and that makes me really, really happy.

So, this recipe is especially for all of you. Some delicious chocolate walnut cookies. Very crispy, indeed!










Chocolate Walnut Cookies


2 ¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
7/8 cup (200g) soft unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped


 Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

In a bowl of stand mixer beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.

Place the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.

Gradually add the flour.

Add the chocolate and walnuts.


Place the dough in spoonfuls on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes at 400F.

 Let cool 2 minutes before removing from the pan.

11 comments:

  1. That plate is gorgeous! And the cookies look divine too! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a ton of walnuts-must be on a walnut kick. Anyhow your cookies look wonderful-perfect toasty edges. Would love to have these with milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiquei sem palavras desta vez...! Me senti muita honrada em ver esse receitinha (ainda mais com o meu nome!) no seu blog! Obrigadaaaaaa! - Claro que as fotos, o detalhe do papel e do lacinho ficaram a coisa mais linda! Tomara que você tenha gostado dos cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would hit the spot. Beautiful cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those cookies look so delicious..oh I would love one right now with my coffee!:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are so beautiful :) and this sounds like such a lovely cookie too, gorgeous post indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicous and I love how you wrap the cookies (parchimenet paper + ribbon) - SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post... This chocolate walnut cookie sounds so delicious....
    Beautiful pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cookies look amazing and what a delightful post to make the cookies of a commenter/friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey......great job make the cookies look awesome! I find it's hard sometimes to make cookies look as nice as cupcakes or other desserts on the blog! I also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the cookies I made. Your blog is beautiful! I only hope I can make mine look as nice someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a unique one. The shape looks unconventional but the sound interesting to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...